Friday, December 16, 2011

Gonna focus on the good

I had an appointment with Dr. V (my ob) all was well. My son is not shy at all. As soon as she put the probe to my belly he was spread eagle on the screen. He also loves to shake his but whenever we go in to see her ( I love it!) She said that he is looking good. His heartbeat is good, he's got enough room in inside ( I asked if he had enough room cause he sometimes looks tight in there) but I guess I should have known that when he was spread eagle today. My bp and weight are both good so all is good and I'm thankful.

Then she read to me the report she received from my MFM. All there was great as well, my cervix is long and closed, 4.4 to be exact . But she also said the my placenta is laying low that it is sitting on my cervix, which of course made me nervous. and for a moment that's all that I could focus on, and I was kind of upset at myself for it. She also told me that as my uterus grows that it will move up but she wanted to let me know as it can sometimes cause bleeding. So I guess in that sense I am glad she told me because I'm sure I'd really freak out if I did see blood and had no idea where it came from.
But again just the thought shook me for a moment, but thankfully sweet friends helped me to focus on the positive and know that everything will be okay. And it helped oh so much. I realized I am at a place I've never been, in a position I've never been. My cervix is still long AND closed and my baby is healthy. God has brought me this far so there's no way he can't bring me even further. He has not left me nor forsaken me and I will continue to lean on his promises.

I love this little boy so much and envision myself meeting him when that day comes, and I know that his brothers and sisters are watching and loving him from above.

It's amazing sometimes how no matter how much good we have around we tend to focus on the one minute thing instead of remembering the good.


Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him.

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so happy that everything is moving along and checking out so good. ((HUGS))

Dawn said...

I'm sorry that you were scared about the news of your placenta. It is completely understandable for that to be what you focused on the most. You are doing such a great job @ staying positive. I am confident that this will be your earthly baby & continue to pray for you constantly.

Melissa said...

I really needed to hear this post today. I am going to copy that verse and carry it with me today. yesterday we had our first scare that sent me to the doctor, and while everything was okay now there is another problem to watch so I totally get how you felt about the placenta.

Amanda said...

I had a low-lying placenta with my daughter around the same time, but it moved up and out of the way with no bleeding at all..I delivered her overdue an entire week vaginally, and she was perfect! Your little guy will be perfect! I just know it!

Ann said...

Beautiful words...long and closed. I know it's nearly impossible, but try to focus on that:)

Jamie said...

Glad to hear all is well!

((hugz))
Jamie

Post a Comment