Sunday, January 8, 2012

What a week

Wow! Another week gone by and what a week it has been. I came into 2012 with much hope and expectation and I still feel that way. I am ever so thankful to be where I am and I know that this is not it. That there is more. I even declared it on New Years.

This week has been wonderfully interesting and not in a major happenings sort of way, but this week has shown me the person I've become. And it all started with a visit to the ER. Late tuesday night or wednesday morning I began having stomach pains. At fist I thought nothing of it, because hey, I've had many aches and pains with this pregnancy . So I laid down for a bit and tried to get some sleep only to awake an hour later still hurting, so I got up and walked a bit, sipped water in hopes that it would go away. But it didn't so finally i got decent( yes decent in no way was I dressed, well I was but not really for the public, but hey this was an emergency) and went to the ER the wait wasn't too bad but at least when they did call me I was sent directly to LnD. The old me, would have been scared at just the thought of being in LnD way too soon, but this me, this hope filled me, this faith filled me was calm. I only focussed on making sure everything with my baby boy was okay. I mean God has allowed me to make it to 22wks and I'm believing him for 18 more and I know that he won't' fail me or forsake me. So they get me hooked up to the monitors and I hear that wonderful sound of his hb, not only that but he is kicking and moving around so that it took her a few minutes to even get him still enough to get his heart rate. Now to the old me this would have meant nothing, I've heard heartbeats of my babies that I still had to say good bye to way to soon. But this time I focused on God and his promises to me, and for me and what I've learned of him over these years. And guess what, EVERY THING was fine. It was just him moving and shaking as he always does. No contractions no open cervix, no dilation, just my baby boy having a field day in my uterus. They also had a lab tech come in and do a u/s and she also measured my cervix, which she came up with a measurement of 2.8. Which for a moment that got me nervous because just two weeks ago I was at a little over 3.3. So after a couple of more hours of monitoring I was sent home and told to be on bed rest until I saw my doctor, which happened to be thursday. I must say that this news had me a bit nervous and so I sought some advice and was reassured by a friend that all is well and guess what, thursday all was well. My MFM said that my cervix was still long and close on both sides and that baby boy is doing great! That I am doing great that she believes I will see 40wks! Can you say thankful! Because that is certainly what I am.

And here I sit on the Eve of 23 weeks! One Week from 24 and I am ever so thankful. For each and every moment God has allowed me with this sweet wonderful baby boy, who is so loved and wanted and anticipated. No one can tell me that my God isn't good. And I know on this journey that faith is very much tried, pushed back and even lost, but I know that when you just trust, no matter what it looks like, no matter what happens, that God is there, he's a healer, he hears our hearts and our every cry and most of all he is God. And I am just thankful.

Forever Loving my Angels, I smile at the thought of you, knowing that I have the three of you in heaven waiting for me, but as we wait you are above looking over your brother at the masters feet in the safest place you can be.

I Love you Camron, Xavien and Tristen

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh to have your faithfulness..you are such a beautiful inspiration!! Much love..

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This is wonderful news. Each week brings you closer to meeting your son. I can't wait. God is good! I'm so glad you are filled with peace.

tonton said...

so happy to know everything is going well. Happy 23 weeks. I look forward to seeing 23, 24, 25.....

Melissa said...

You are such an inspiration to me Shandrea. I am trying so hard to have that Trust and Faith in God but I have to admit that when things get scary it gets harder for me to focus on that. Thanks for sharing your journey and giving me something to strive for as I move into the future weeks of my pregnancy. I am so glad everything was ok for you and your baby boy!

Kara said...

So inspiring...I am so happy for you. And touched by your faith Shandrea! I am refreshed reading your post this morning.

Dawn said...

So glad all is ok w/you & your precious baby boy. You are doing such a great job!!!

Post a Comment